Thursday 13 October 2011

Under the Australian Sun - A Custom Quilt

This was my first custom quilt made with fabric chosen by my customer, which wasn't part of my stash. She wanted an Australiana cot quilt for her baby's nursery, and had spotted this range of fabric designed by Leesa Chandler for Robert Kaufman. This fabric range is gorgeous - Australian wildflowers and leaves with gold highlights. The photos really don't do it justice - its been wet and windy in Tassie this week, so I didn't have an opportunity to take outdoor photos before I sent it off. 


The sashing and binding are cream cotton, and I stipple quilted it in cream thread. 


I hope your week has been full of stitching and quilting!

Jess

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I was wondering if you are still making Quilts? I would like to order a photo quilt to be made up for my sisters 21st?

Regards,
Saraj