Thursday 7 March 2013

The Boxer

I've been in a bit of a blogging slump of late. I'm doing a heap of sewing, but I either can't blog about them yet or I've been slack at taking photos. So there'll probably be a lot of blog posts in the next week or so ;o)

Thanks for all the applique ideas last week - I ended up making something completely different for Nat (which I will blog about once she's received it :o) ) But I'm going to persist with the other project too when I get a chance!

This block is my Aurifil BOM March block. It's called The Boxer, and was designed by Jeni of In Color Order. I went a bit crazy fussy cutting for this one - Jeanean Morrison's prints are so great for fussy cutting! I'm not totally in love with it, but it looks good with the other blocks, so I don't think I'll remake it.


I have a heap of other stuff to show you too, so I'll be back very soon :o)

xx Jess




13 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

It's pretty!! I love the colours!! I'm so behind on my FQS BOM blocks... 1 cut and 2 still bagged up. I WILL get them all done before the next one starts though, I have to!

Heather D. said...

Wow, you made it so symmetrical with your fussy cutting! I'm impressed Jess.

Katy Cameron said...

Yes, get to it slacker ;o) Great job on the fussy cutting though

Di said...

Clever cutting - it really makes the block. Di x

Jessica said...

I think it's beauteous :) I agree - perfect for fussy cuts!

Susan said...

I think it was worth fussy cutting these fabrics- they are very graphic in design and make it very special! Love it!

Kirsty said...

I really love that block. You did a wonderful job!

Ella said...

It's quite a lovely block!

Kelly said...

It is a gorgeous block!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love the way you've fussy cut this - especially the teal points against the white. It really transforms the shape of the centre :)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

amazing fussy cutting!

Rosa said...

It`s pretty nice and love your fussy cutting!

Shanley said...

I haven't blogged at all lately, probably just to make you look good. But now that I see your fancy fussy cutting, all bets are off. I may blog twice in the next few days.