Friday 28 March 2014

March Check In - Fabriholics Anonymous

Somehow it is nearly the end of March, and time for another Fabriholics Anonymous check in. I managed to get through January and February without regretting my fabric diet too much - but I have to admit it has gotten a wee bit harder this month. When cutting up fabric to send to my Ausmod bee mates I completely ran out of black and white prints, and had to run into Spotlight to buy a couple of yards so I had enough to send to my bees. Although it was really nice to buy fabric for the first time in almost three months, it felt really wrong at the same time. Up until that point, I hadn't realised how much I'd changed my thinking toward buying fabric this year - I'm honestly surprised how dedicated I feel to my pledge not to buy fabric, and how guilty I felt having to buy some (even though it was a need purchase as opposed to a want).

I also cut into my stash of green fabrics really heavily for my bee mates, so I'm starting to see some big holes that will need to be filled at some stage. I still have a lot of greens left, so I'm not too worried about those, but I have eaten into my low volume stash in a big way in the last couple of months, and I'm going to need to order some in the next few weeks so I don't run out. Although this will be a bit of a fabric fast fail, I use low volume fabrics in place of solids most of the time so again it is a 'need' rather than 'want'.

I'm trying not to spend as much time online looking at fabric as I normally do - but I must admit there are a few collections that have come out recently that I'm trying pretty hard to ignore. Peg at Sew Fresh Fabrics has recently announced her Kokka/Echino Stash Club, which is becoming increasingly difficult to resist.


Not to mention Lotta Jansdotter's latest offerings. How awesome is this leaf print?


Being the massive Tula Pink fan that I am, I am a bit sad about missing Fox Field too. The greens and greys in particular...


And last of all, the amazing First of Infinity collection by Kumiko Fujita. Sigh. So much pretty.



So how are my fellow fabric fasters going? Are you still going strong, or have you fallen off the wagon so to speak? What collections are you lusting after right now? If you'd like to link up and let us know how you're going we would love to hear your thoughts!



8 comments:

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

I was just telling Amanda that I keep thinking I have plenty of low volumes, but when I went to gather them up for a new project I realized they've sort of just vanished after months of regular use and no restashing... Ahh!!

Charlotte said...

I've bought no quilting fabric at all. I'm not telling how much I've bought for dressmaking, though ;-)

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I don't think I even got a leg on the fabric anon wagon lol just yesterday I bought some AMH fabric....I did have a voucher but still!

JLVerde said...

True confession, I just bought some frivolous fabric. I mean *just* finished buying it.

Pink Castle has a Kawaii club that I wanted to join but didn't. They sell off leftover bundles from previous months (when they have them) and Feb's leftovers had the Scaredy Cat print I've been lusting for (since the minute it came out). AND, Pink Castle's having a big sale so the bundle was 20% off.

I did show some self control and only get the fat eighth size and only got the bundle (no adding other stuff on).


Katy Cameron said...

I wasn't on the wagon in the first place, but I haven't really been buying stuff without purpose until this week, then a combination of a little extra money on hand and some sales sealed the deal on a couple of parcels I'll be reunited with in May...

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here, uhhhhh
We were supposed to be fasting?
Oops, I gave up chocolate :-p
I have my eye on a couple of P and B Bear Essentials light greys I desperately need to finish a project.

memmens said...

Well done, resistance is not futile! I know what you mean about it feeling wrong to buy. For me fabric fasting feels like a really healthy exercise. I'm enjoying resisting and feeling smug about it!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I think my mind has been focused on the poor traders, and how it's obviously down to me to ensure they don't notice you and others are on a fabric diet!!!!!!